Did you know that nearly two-thirds of your body is made up of water? Everything, from your millions of little cells, to your skin, needs water to function properly.
It’s not only drinks that can help you top up your water levels. Lots of fruits and vegetables can not only give a healthy dose of nutrition but they are also a great source of water. In fact, around a fifth of your daily fluid intake comes from the foods you eat.
Here is a list of 10 water-rich foods that will help you stay hydrated!
- Apples 85% water – They’re also a good source of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber
- Oranges 87% water – good source of vitamin C and helps your body to absorb iron from the meals you eat.
- Watermelon 92% water – Low in calories and sugar, also a good source of vitamin A
- Tomatoes 93% water – Also good source of vitamin A
- Iceberg Lettuce 96% water – keeps you hydrated! Is also cholesterol and sodium free!
- Strawberries 90% water – They’re a great source of antioxidants, which help to protect your cells from being damaged.
- Cucumbers 96% water that’s the highest water content of any food. They’re also low in calories, and a good source of fiber.
- Spinach 93% water – also a good source of iron
- Mushroom 92%. Water – They’re also a good source of Vitamin B2, which is important for your skin and nervous system.
- Broccoli 90% water and rich on vitamin K, vitamin A, iron, calcium and folic acid.